[LAU] Fwd: Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

Nicola nicola.di.marzo at vodafone.it
Mon Apr 22 20:17:10 UTC 2013

Il 22/04/2013 09:46, Carlos sanchiavedraz ha scritto:
> 2013/4/19 Nicola <nicola.di.marzo at vodafone.it>:

>>> Keep an eye on http://ampbrownie.com/ then, it's an effort to make it even
>>> simpler.
>> I knew it, fascinating project, a little bit expensive with that sound
>> card...
>>
> Really great that project, I'll give it a try and see. First I'll need
> to but another SD or try to boot from USB.

>>> I'll have to check if I have the same issue. I don't recall running into a
>>> similar issue.

>>> Ah, so you want to run the guitarix GUI on your tablet! I thought you
>>> wanted to control it via MIDI and some touch app. Connectbot is not an
>>> option, Android doesn't run X. I've never heard of the other option, sounds
>>> interesting, I wonder what the performance and responsiveness is like.
>> I was able to run guitarix gui on nexus7 with those 2 apps but the result
>> wasn't good at all.
>> It's ok to run xterm or that kind of simple gui stuff...
>> But yeah i also will look for some midi-wireless app to use it like a
>> controller as you suggested ;-)
>> We still have 2 other possible ways to try to control it with "touch"...with
>> gui (with ubuntu) or midi (with android or ubuntu) :-)
>>
> You can try DSMI[1] (MIDI over wifi server, really simple) and any
> MIDI-controller app that supports DSMI directly or OSC on Android,
> i.e: Ivory Tower[2]
>
> [1] http://dsmi.tobw.net/
> [2] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.codeidea.ivorytower&hl=en
>
> It seems you are trying to achieve that same headless center using
> Android as a GUI I've mentioned some times, great. I had some success
> with MIDI over wifi, but now I have to get some device and I'm not
> sure if that's gonna be an Android+RPi or just some other touch-UMPC
> device to run Linux directly instead of
> "fighting"/configuring/tweaking again to get whatever to do what I
> want.
> Maybe you're Nexus is a good choice.
Thank you very much for your precious suggestions Carlos!
I'll definitely go for it and i will give it a try!
Please keep posted about any of your/our experimentations about this here!
I have also an arduino uno and i'd like to build some drum
machine/controller by my own with some piezos...i'm totally a beginner
with this but i'm very interested...:-)