[LAU] Update: video micing question

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Tue Apr 23 16:46:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> We have one hanging 10 feet over, and in 5 feet in front of the organ
> console and choir alcove at our church.  It was thought to be a good idea

I've seen (and heard the awful results) of mics being mounted on
stands 10 or 15 up in front of an band (wind, not electric guitars!).
The logic of this always escapes me ... like, who listens from the
position? The band sound is directed out to the audience in front, not
above. I assume that they are placed there 'cause it's one place where
there are no people :)

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca