[LAU] a collaboration with Gmac and DLP

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Apr 28 12:53:58 UTC 2013

Hello Dave!
   this is a sturdy piece of music. I was a little puzzled at first by the
overall mix. The drums sound almost 60-ish. Like a production of the
beat-generation, while therest is so 70s, perhaps even a little 80s. It's a
very clean production. There was not enough bluesy intensity in the music
itself to put it on a level with Get onboard the Blues or John the Revelator,
so it wasn't reallymy cup of tea. Still, I think, that I will go back to it
ocasionally. but I've send it on to a friend of mine, who enjoys blues and
blues rock and I think he will get his money's worth. :-)
   The only thing, which slightly disturbed me was the snare drum. At times it
sounded very ringy and hollow, almost disappearing in the mix. But that is a
very minor detail.
   Thanks for sharing this! As alway very much wroth to listen to actively.
   Warm regards
          Julien