[LAU] no sound in ubuntu studio 13.04

architectadrian architect.adrian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 12:43:53 UTC 2013

I installed Ubuntu Studio 13.04 and have no sound. I reinstalled the system
due to some video card errors I could not bypass after an upgrade from
Ubuntu Studio 12.10, but on the old system the sound (and video) was
working. The only thing I had was a sound from the microphone, after I
unmuted it in alsamixer. No other playing or recording was available.
Can anyone help me with this? I wouldn't like to go back to 12.10, install
all programs and updates again.
Thank you.