[LAU] OT: From the archives, on the Hammond

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Aug 11 06:31:36 UTC 2013

Morning Ken!
   Hm, I like those. I suspected something different from "Just the Tip",
judging by the advertisement. :-) Still, a nice slow piece. Was that a real
Hammond or already Beatrix. I know, you said no Linux, but you might have
referred to the recording there.
   Scuffin' up the Walls, is a different matter entirely. It has an infectious
groove. I love those funk influenced tracks. Not sure, if this can be counted
as pure funk. The Hammond here is a fantastic addition. Interesting choice to
have it mainly as the chord instrument and the guitar almost entirely for the
higher register, taking care of the melody and other screaming and whining
duties. This song gets me!
   Thanks for sharing those, may the be Linux related or not, they are good
music!
   Warm regards
         Julien