[LAU] Decompressor for linux?

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 06:21:54 UTC 2013

On 08/11/2013 08:47 PM, Diego Simak wrote:

> see this post from Claude Young:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/114569084697251798925/posts/czFWAWSvBXY
>
> I haven't tried it...
> no linux version though

Note that this is essentially just an EQ.  It is not going to have any
effect at all on compression/limiting.  It is also not going to
eliminate the phase shifts introduced by the original EQs, but is simply
going to add more.  And since there is no way to get an exact complement
to the original curve, you'll not only be adding more phase anomalies,
but also new ones in areas that had none.

It will also be impossible to eliminate the ringing introduced by the
original EQ in any areas that were originally boosted.

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]