[LAU] Using a USB pedalboard to trigger keystrokes

Egor Sanin egor.sanin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:15:09 UTC 2013

Hi Julien

On 8/8/13, Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>    Someone told me, that they were intending to get a pedalboard to trigger
>
> keystrokes to control some commandline applications. And I've been
> wondering.
>    Does anyone have experience with that? A specific device and what about
> the
> configuration tools for such tasks?

Could you provide a bit more detail about your specific use case?

You do mention that soldering is not an interest, but there was a
thread here some time earlier with the suggestion to hack apart a USB
keyboard and just a few of the keys as triggers.  This is not a
difficult task, and perhaps a friend could help you out.
If USB keyboards are an option, writing a python script to capture
input and trigger system commands is almost trivial.