[LAU] Calf parametric equalizer...wow!

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Wed Aug 14 17:06:08 UTC 2013

Something some people find disconcerting about me is that sometimes I'll
totally freak out about something that might be taken as a given by
others, as though I've discovered fire, just because it's dome something
wonderful for me.

So...I'm going to freak out like I've discovered fire.

Don't ask me why it took me this long, but I just tried the parametric
equalizer plugins from Calf.  WOW.  So this is the clean transparent mix
I've been wanting forever.  In just a few minutes, I've been able to do
things with this plugin that I couldn't achieve in hardware (and I've
got a lot of hardware).  Whoever did this obviously knows more than most
about how to write audio filter algorithms, because...wow.

Their Sourceforge page doesn't seem to list anywhere that one can
donate, but I'm impressed enough that I would.  So, if any of you Calf
audio plugin people are out there on LAU, just want to let you know I
think your parametric EQ is worth paying for all by itself.

Ok...I'm done now.  :)

(Addendum:  Has anyone else besides me had trouble getting some plugins
to same recallable presets?  You save, and then try to recall, and
nothing happens.  Still, it saves its current settings in your project,
and I suppose that's all that matters.)

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky