[LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

J. Liles malnourite at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 21:44:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com>wrote:

> "At first you sounded like you were announcing that you were giving up on
> participating and maybe even using free software"
>
> To be honest I was very surprised someone got it that way.
>

> "Complaining wihtout offering any solutions is about the most useless
> thing a human being can do with their time."
>
> I respectfully disagree. I see no logical connection between criticism and
> solution offering.
>

> "None of these facts are specific to linux audio or even free software."
>
> I argue that they are.

Well, if anything good comes of these last two podcasts, I'll be pleasantly
surprised. I'm not holding my breath though. I think you've only succeeded
in doing two things: 1) mildly irritating a few developers and 2) promoting
a rather apethetic and dystopian view of Linux Audio.  Neither of which
seems very productive. I wish you the best of luck in your endevours, but I
do suggest that you keep your expectations reasonable--it's a lot less
frustrating that way.