[LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 16 20:00:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 12:51 -0700, J. Liles wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>

>         On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 12:41 -0700, J. Liles wrote:
>         > Ralf, I have only one thing left to say to you:
>         >
>         > sudo rm -rf /
>

>         Why should I do this? I'm happy with Linux and the quality
>         standard I'm
>         talking about is fulfilled by Linux. I only try to explain to
>         you, that
>         you're mistaken regarding to your "free as in beer"
>         argumentation.
>

> It would be impossible for me to be mistaken regarding an argument I
> never made.

Then it's a misunderstanding, note that English isn't my native
language. You misunderstood what I've written about the "disclaimer",
perhaps regarding to my broken English. In the context of what you've
written I read that "free as in beer" does mean "every low level is
allowed", so again a misunderstanding. However, you've also written
about ethics, so IMO it's better to encourage people to use Linux
instead of deleting Linux installs. FWIW as I already pointed out, I
don't recommend Linux myself to everybody, since for some people Linux
the wrong choice.