[LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat Aug 17 04:55:29 UTC 2013

Am 16.08.2013 19:23, schrieb Egor Sanin:
> I shall contiribute my voice, too.
>
> On 8/16/13, hermann meyer <brummer- at web.de> wrote:
> [SNIP]
>> Move your ass and work on it to make it better, there is no other way
>> around. It didn't help to just blame those who do the work, they wasn't
>> burn as developers, they become developers because they have moved there
>> asses.
>>
>> If you see a other way, let us know.
> It is important to note that time is a finite quantity in the physical
> reality we are all a part of.  This fact limits the amount of "work"
> any one person can perform.

It's also important to get the point that Luigi talk about "getting tired"
and not about "running out of time".

If you get "tired", and want to reach a goal, you have to . . . move
yourself.

> "Work" can be of different types.  The comment above suggests to me
> the opinion that the "work" of developers is of higher value because
> to become a developer one has to "move their ass."  The problem with
> this statement when talking about audio software is that just having
> the software is pointless.  The software is made to be used to create
> music, or at least some sort of audio output.  People producing this
> output, often called musicians, also need to do a lot of "work."  To
> be a musician, one must also "move their ass."

Maybe it suggest this opinion to you, because you want to read exactly this
in my lines. But that is just your interpretation of what I've wrote,
if you take my words back in context, you may come to a other
interpretation.

> The "work" of musicians is different, but no less valuable than the
> "work" of developers, so let's not get our egos too hot here.  Just
> because one person does not have enough time to perform developer
> "work" because most of his time is spent doing musician "work" (please
> research the amount of music that OP has produced with Linux audio
> software) is no reason to make him a scapegoat.

Most linux audio developers been musicians to, and love to
spend there free time in make music as well.

> And a not on the "goal" of OP's podcasts (I am not speaking for him,
> rather simply providing my interpretation): a piece of criticism is
> usually created to generate discussion.  In the most basic form, this
> is enough of a reason to do something.

Coming back to your time arg, then I would say, the time would be better
used
by just fill this bug report. ;-)