[LAU] Art's suitability for anything

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 17 09:53:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-17 at 13:18 +0800, James Harkins wrote:
> Ralf wrote:
>
> > There's a difference between art and tools released for the public.
> > Art, excepted of the crap on the radio, should not suit to anything.

This is a simplified statement. I guess it's Woody Allen's "Hannah and
Her Sisters" were somebody wanted to buy a painting, that should fit to
the color of the sofa. Design isn't the same as art, handcrafts isn't
the same as art. Sure, art you like will fit to your psyche, but it's
not the target to please people, it should give people a wake call.

Regards,
Ralf