[LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Aug 18 16:19:24 UTC 2013

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 10:55:22 -0500
Neil <djdualcore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>wrote:
>
> > Anyone who's learning this sort of thing and who uses his/her
> > knowledge to write free software will have my full support.
> > But I won't do anything to make life easier for those who
> > just copy some DSP code and wrap a 'shiny GUI' around it, with
> > as the only result one more that just looks as much as a toy
> > as most of them do.
> >

> Thank's for saying that.  This thread was getting discouraging.
>
> Neil

I would also like to add my *full* support to those who make their own work
freely available.

If I say that some material is not quite up to the standard I would work
to, I'm also quite well aware that much of my work would not be as good as
other peoples.

I try to feed back constructive bug reports on the applications I use. If at
all possible including a step-by-step account of how to trigger it. If it
doesn't get fixed quickly, I don't go into a hissy fit. I recognise that the
original dev. likely has other priorities.

Finally, were it not for the efforts of some very talented programmers I would
not be on this list at all - I wouldn't have the ability to produce the
music that I do. Nor would i have an OS that I can get on with.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk