[LAU] New laptop - advice needed

Atte André Jensen atte at youmail.dk
Mon Aug 19 10:53:43 UTC 2013

On 08/19/2013 09:33 AM, Moshe Werner wrote:
> Hi there
>
> did you think about buying a laptop from a custom shop like PCAudiolabs
> or ADK?

Naeh, not really. A general purpose laptop with *my* choice of OS (down
to which linux flavor and detailed setup I prefer) have worked great.

> also there is this thread
> http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/686047-audio-pc-laptops-buyers-guide-lets-make-sticky.html

Seems goo generic, oriented towards windows and a bit outdated (october
2012) to really fit my needs.

> I am working on a macbook pro but pricewise it's not recommended if you
> don't need OSX.

Which I don't :-)

> Good hunting
> Moshe

Thanks!

More personal experiences and advice are welcome!

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk