[LAU] [New music]: Days of Borrowed Time

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Aug 21 16:51:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, August 22, 2013 1:35 am, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Patrick!
>    Even I, raging, vain egoist of a would-be artist, that I am, can't
> accept
> this credit.

Progressive Dubstep has been redefined then :-)

On a day when Fukushima has been upgraded to level 3 after more than 2
years of continuously emitting toxic pollution into the Pacific Ocean and
the supposedly democratic New Zealand Government has enacted an
unprecedented attack on their own population under the guise of protecting
people from terrorism it's good to hear that others are still making
things move forward for the better.

The saddest part about the fascists power grab in New Zealand is that it
just confirms all the worst things people say about New York Banksters.
Moral of the story, don't let a fascist New York Bankster run your
country.  I guess one day people will actually learn that one.

>I came across something similar before. there have been
> artists
> for a while now, who blended the fashion of dubstep with all sorts of
> ideas.
> There's even a violinist, who plays her instrument to dub, although I
> don't
> like her work, the idea is sound and resounding enough. and there have
> been
> people like Skrillex, who mixed and mangled the basic genre of dubstep
> with
> others from the world of pop. and alas it must be said for them, that they
> produce better and much punchier basslines. :-) It seems, that I must find
> another distortion or overdrive plugin, should I wish to pursue that path
> further.
>    Thanks anyway, it goes down like milk and honey. :-)
>    Warmly yours
>          Julien

I think it time for a dubstep version of "F*ck you I won't do what you
tell me" by Rage Against The Machine... Anyone up for that remix? I have
some lyrics I have been working on.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd