[LAU] Audio interface MIDI ports just showing on advanced mode

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:36:49 UTC 2013

2013/8/18 Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>

> Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> > The MIDI port on my UA25EX just shows up when audio card is in advanced
> > driver mode
>
> In Windows, the advanced mode is intended to be used with the Roland
> drivers; disabling it should be necessary only when you're using it with
> a system where these drivers are not installed.  Due to bugs in the
> built-in Windows USB MIDI driver, MIDI is made available only in
> advanced mode.
>
> In theory, Linux should support advanced mode.

It is supported; the problem is that for the moment Jack doesn't start in
this mode. There are some issues in RPi related to Jack, using USB 1 or USB
2 and the advance mode.

> > which by now is not the main mode I'm playing because of problems with
> > this mode on Raspberry PI (for the moment It runs with jack1 and it
> > won't start in advanced mode).
>
> Which kernel are you using?  To other programs (i.e., aplay/arecord)
> work?

Kernel is Raspberry 's, it seems Linux 3.6.11:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux

> > I suppose that with Jack2 this won't be a problem
>
> If this is a driver problem, Jack2 will not work either.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Yes, you're right, is not about the driver. I meant what I mentioned before
about Jack problems with RPi.

Thanks, Clemens.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz