[LAU] New laptop - advice needed

Marius Janßen mariusjanssen at gmx.de
Sat Aug 24 08:41:18 UTC 2013

Am 20.08.2013 22:07, schrieb Ken Dawson:

> On 08/20/2013 06:23 AM, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>> On 08/19/2013 07:44 PM, Peder Hedlund wrote:
>>
>> What should I look for in an SSD? How to make sure it physically fits and
>> is not a old and slow generation?
>>
> SSDs I've seen are physically the same size as laptop drives, so that
> should be no issue.  But, they are only available as SATA drives.  If
> your x61 is IDE, that's a problem.  It all depends on how old it is.
>
> /ken

Let me chime in here, please.

There are SSDs with IDE connectors.
There is an Austrian price checker portal with a good search function
http://geizhals.at/eu/?cat=hdssd
 From there you can make a refinement of your searches as in form factor
and interface.
Once you got oversight of what is in stores right now or what SSD you
prefer you might search for that in your country.

God bless, Marius