[LAU] (no subject)

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 15:29:27 UTC 2013

Hi folks, My main question is, how can I tell pulse audio to use one
card, the same card always, for system sounds?
My goal is to have pulse audio grab control of a particular sound card
 on startup. Right now it seems to be random which it will grab. I
have three sound cards in my machine running ubuntu 13.4.
There is an onboard sound chip--which I want pulseaudio to use, a s
ound blaster live-which I'm not using now, and my delta 1010lt which I
have jack configured to use.
.
At startup, I want pulse audio, and alsa to grab control  of the
onboard sound chip for system sounds--which include speech output
because I can't see.

The jack part of it is taken care of. I have a script that loads jack
with the delta.