[LAU] Fwd: Re: Asus/Ubuntu/Audacity searching a reliable usb-recordig interface.

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 17:53:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Jose van Rooy <josevanrooy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hallo Harry, i appreciate you give me the name of this Esi Maya 44 usb
> recording-interface of 100 euro

You're welcome.

> 'if the Focus-rite works, just keep it and use it'.

Yes. I'm a practical person, and like to get things done. That Focusrite's
DAC has converters that are hugely more capable than tape, so it more than
suffices to get the job done.

> I want a sound-card wich is like 'native' compatible with Audacity-Ubuntu,
> plug-and-play, period.

I suggested one, its the ESI Maya 44 USB.  Its a standard USB1 device, ALSA
recognizes it as such, and that's that. The program and distro have nothing
to do with this discussion.
But who cares about that: if the Focusrite works, use it.

> Thus.., if you can recommend me another usb sound-card that meets my
> desire, for de price of  500 dollar up, i would be grateful.

Take 400 credit and the Maya. I'm not advising spending 500+ on a stereo
soundcard.

Your emails are extremely long winded: if you want advice, please be
concise. You'll notice more people reply to short, clear emails.
Cheers, -Harry