[LAU] OT, but IMO really interesting living history: They still produce cassette tapes in Germany

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 3 22:20:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 23:01 +0100, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> Sorry for that top post. Here's a usefull link to anyone seeking to
> publish a audio cassette to make it up:
> http://tapeline.info/
> A british company i believe, recomended by close friend of mine (what
> ever that means to you guys :) )
>
> Peace,

That's great :)

I dislike the audio quality of tapes, but I like the way tapes are used.
Since the audio quality isn't that good, the quality of the compositions
is more important. Since copying, forwarding and rewinding is time
consuming, it's another way to record and to listen to a tape, than when
using modern medias.

I still own a demagnetiser and crappy radio-cassette-recorders, but no
high quality cassette recorder, it's a pity, but maintaining the last
good recorders became impossible for me. I guess there is no future for
music tapes. As already mentioned, the German company just copies radio
dramas, no music.

No DRM :).

Less good technology, but much better ethical background.

I would prefer a good (USB) tape recorder over a CD burner :), assumed
anybody would still own a tape recorder to play the tapes ;).

Regards,
Ralf