[LAU] USB card oddness

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 01:04:46 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 02:12 PM, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> Figured it out after a few hours :) We'd only recently plugged her
> mouse into the same multiport. If the "telephone" is plugged into a
> different port, it works. If the mouse is not plugged into the
> multiport, it works.

Yeah, that's one of the hidden pull-your-hair-out gotchas of USB Audio.
  I ran into it once where an audio device was on the same hub as a
webcam -- and that didn't work well.

The deal is that the audio device reserves a certain amount of bandwidth
over USB.  If it can't get -- it won't even try to work.  So if some
other device has reserved the bandwidth you need (which they can), then
there's no room left over for yours.

-gabe