[LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys/Barn Jesus i en krybbe lå

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri Dec 13 06:48:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 10:31:46PM +0100, Atte wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today is the second sunday of advent, and I did a new version (new
> melody and music, original lyrics) of the Danish christmas carol
> "Barn Jesus i en krybbe lå".
>
> https://modlys.bandcamp.com/track/barn-jesus-i-en-krybbe-l
>
> Hope you enjoy!

That's a gorgeous track!

Love the jazz chords, beautiful voicings.

Funky too, that groove is awesome.

The harmonies on the chorus are fantastic, and that walkdown reminds me of Steely Dan.

Tight piano solo too, sweet playing.

Your production is flawless as always, and I enjoyed the DJ mute of the drums in the verses.

This one's going on my Android playlist for sure.

-ken