[LAU] question related output level and sound card

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 16 18:42:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 13:18 -0500, Al Thompson wrote:
> I suspect that someone switched on the pad on the DI, or on the mixer
> itself.
>

> Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:48:32 +0100
> >Djého Youn <ydjeho at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> for those who gave advice with main mixer, 'sorry I wasn't that
> clear. but
> >> mixer's input gain was max.

The question is, if the OP means "input gain" or if the OP does confuse
it with the fader.

It doesn't matter what was the culprit, a potentiometer, a pad switch,
it simply would work with correct settings, when using a phones output.

The culprit wasn't the phones output, resp. it's very unlikely that it's
caused by the phones output.