[LAU] [OT] SW recommendation

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 17 00:04:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Neil <djdualcore at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't like to recommend closed software but one of the advantages of
> Ableton Live is that over the years it has grown into a full featured DAW.

I consider myself fortunate to have spent a couple of great dinners with
one of the founders of Ableton. He would be the first to say, both
privately and publically, that the original intent behind Live was to do
*everything* ... it just took them a while to get there. There was never a
conception of Live as "just" a looping/stretching/triggering tool.