[LAU] Sound card for recording guitar

Roberto Suárez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 08:17:03 UTC 2013

El 19/12/13 20:51, Jeremy Jongepier escribió:
> I'd keep the UCG-102 and try to get it running smoothly with JACK.
> You'll probably run into the same latency issue with other USB
> interfaces. To me it seems like you're facing some kind of
> configuration issue as I can run my UCG102 with a system latency of
> 64/48000*3 = 4ms (-p64 -n3 -r48000). With jack_iodelay round-trip
> latency pegs at 7.680ms. What JACK settings are you using? Could you
> post the contents of your $HOME/.jackdrc file?

     Yes, of course. This is what I've got now:

     /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2

     This is without using the UCG-102 yet (which would be using hw:1),
because I'm having a few issues with Pulseaudio, but it was the last
working configuration. I confess I don't have much idea about finetuning
Jack: I was usually happy just making it work. So, if you see something
obviously stupid in this configuration, assume ignorance as first option :-)

     Thanks,

--
     Roberto Suarez Soto                    I need a hurricane
                                          To wash my sins away