[LAU] What on earth...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 22 12:15:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 11:53 +0100, Philipp Überbacher mentions GTK3 as a
serous issue.

Hi Philipp :)

Rui's applications are based on Qt. LXDE and Razor-Qt developers
seemingly are working on LXDE-Qt. I try to get rid of as much GTK apps
as possible and also try to avoid using a WM/DE based on GTK.

Regarding to your claim about Arch, keep in mind that Arch does provide
a FreeBSD port like build system named ABS ;). You can customize Arch
much easier than Ubuntu and Debian, the source package approach is much
more complicated. I'm _using_ *buntu, Debian and Arch, they are not just
installed and not unused.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:

JFTR for GTK based environments I can remove GVFS, to get rid of the
Green drive killer. What do I need to remove for e.g. KDE, Razor-Qt to
get rid of the crap, that wakes up Green drives?