[LAU] OT: No list mail coming thru! (gmail bounces)

Fritz Meissner meissner.fritz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 20:07:44 UTC 2013

On 22 December 2013 21:50, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed I have not been getting any emails thru from the list since
> October. I just checked my settings, and it seems that my preferences
> were auto-changed by listserv to "no mail" due to excessive bouncing.
>
> Not sure why my gmail address should be bouncing list emails. Any thoughts?
>
> James

My gmail account regularly marks LAU as spam, but doesn't bounce it. I've
now set up a rule to prevent it being marked as spam, but it still gives me
a very annoying banner across the top of the emails saying that this email
would have been put in the spam bin if I hadn't set up a rule to prevent
it. There doesn't seem to be a way to set up a rule to prevent it from
putting this banner on; no doubt they are afraid of infinitely recursive
banners :-)

Fritz