[LAU] notation software

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 11:47:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

It's been a while since I researched notation software. What are the
major players in the linux world? What is being actively maintained?
What is new and cutting edge?

Note: I use lilypond for printed scores but I'm looking for some
distinct functionality for in-score composing and orchestrating:

   - individual jack midi routing at least at the staff level, better if
staff supported multiple voices and each could be routed separately.

   - step input with both external keyboard as well as mouse

   - customization for in-score articulations, e.g., staccato -> channel
change or slur/legato -> insert note ( for key switch software instruments)

   - lilypond and/or midi export functionality.

I'd appreciate any advice. thanks,

David