[LAU] Linux compatible keybord controller?

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 12:03:11 UTC 2013

On 12/31/2013 12:40 PM, Moshe Werner wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm in the market for some nice keybord controller.
> I would be glad to hear your recommendations.
>
> Her are the musthaves:
> 1. Linux compatibility
> 2. Pitch + Modulation
> 3. Velocity sensitive (aftertouch would be nice but not mandatory)
>
> Also some assignable pads and knobs woud be useful.
>
> Would love to have your insights.
>
> Cheers
> Moshe
I love my M-audio Axiom. Has all the things you requested. Totally
programmable, user selectable velocity response etc etc. All USB MIDI
controllers should work with Linux out of the box.

I hear the Behringer is also pretty cool and should be a bit cheaper,
maybe someone can confirm. I think Thomann are making their own now too.

Also have an Akai MPK Mini which is great for travel (+ as a bonus a
pretty cool tap arpeggiator which the Axiom doesn't have), however it
does not have full size keys and after-touch.