[LAU] New album out: Modlys/2013

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 15:24:54 UTC 2013

On 12/31/2013 03:51 PM, Atte wrote:
> On 12/31/2013 03:33 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:
>
>> Only 5 songs in and man this is seriously good. Subtle teases and
>> swells. Vocals on Engang are delicious.
>
> Wow, thanks man!
>
>> Would love to read the liner notes on how you produced this. Some
>> supercollider in there for the beats? What are you using for synths?
>> Love to hear about your workflow
>
> Well, first of all I'm one of the heretic renoise users. So everything
> is basically renoise. I used the padsynth tool for some pads and loomer
> aspect for a few sounds. The most prominent other piece of software it
> paulstretch, it's extensively used on "Engang", "20", "Maria bebudelse",
> "Forfra" and "Boston undervej". The piano used on a few tracks is the
> MIS piano samples.
>
> I'll write more about the workflow later, if you're interested...

Wow, you made this with a tracker? Maybe I should give it a look. Whilst
I'm all about open source, at the end of the day, the music is the king.

I thought I heard Loomer's Aspect in there - great product. What about
the beats - some nice clean lines there. All just samples in Renoise?

+1 to what DP said. Definitely interested