[LAU] notation software

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 19:12:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 6:47 AM, David Santamauro
<david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been a while since I researched notation software. What are the major
> players in the linux world? What is being actively maintained? What is new
> and cutting edge?

MuseScore & Rosegarden are probably the most mature score editors, at
least the ones I've tried. MuseScore is more in spirit to Sibelius and
Finale, whereas Rosegarden can be used as a DAW with JACK, and
supports LADSPA & DSSI plugins, although does not yet support LV2.
Nothing beats Lilypond, though. I use it for all of my composing, not
just for printing.