[LAU] ADAT tape transfer

linux-audio at to11.net linux-audio at to11.net
Sun Feb 3 16:39:22 UTC 2013

If I have two ADAT tapes that comprise a 16 track recording but I only have one
ADAT recorder, can I transfer the tapes one at a time into Ardour on my
computer via an ADAT cable and, in the end, be able to have all 16 tracks still
synchronized somehow? I have heard that Broadcast Wave files have embedded
timecodes that can be used for synchronization but I'm not really sure how to
create them or, in this situation, if they'd even be applicable.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.