[LAU] [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 19:08:41 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 06:30 AM, Joe Hartley wrote:

> I don't find tweaking a Linux box hard - I'd be in much more trouble
> if I had a Mac or Windows box that was having problems.  I know someone
> who had a Mac and bought an interface (either Presonus or Saffire, I
> can't remember which right now) which was never quite right for him.
> He ended up selling it for something that worked better for him, and that
> was after lots of tech support on a supported platform, so that's never
> a guarantee of no problems.

A friend of mine has put a lot of effort into making a music career over
the last 6 years. He went with Windows from the beginning, bought
fully-equipped systems from places like Sweetwater. Had nothing but
problems (including problems trying to use the Delta 1010LT included in
the system). Problems he couldn't resolve. Problems he kept having to
call Sweetwater about, until they hit problems they couldn't resolve. He
went through 3 different systems and had the same thing happen.

Sounds to me like audio sucks on most any platform. ;-)

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community