[LAU] [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:42:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> We already have market competition. AVID, Apple, Microsoft, AMD, Nokia and
> even Google actively work against anything the open source multimedia
> developers are throwing at them. Intel is on the fence. They have a large
> Linux department but don't make many contributions round here.

Right! Apple actively working against OpenCL and LLVM, Nokia actively
working against GStreamer, Google actively working against VP8...

OH WAIT....

:)

> The strange thing is how many movie studios use
> our tools but are not actively contributing to the community.

You mean, like Sony Imageworks who released and maintain Alembic,
OpenColorIO, and Open Shading Language?

Or like Disney who released Ptex and Partio.

Or like Pixar and OpenSubdiv?

Dude, what in the blazes are you talking about?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org