[LAU] 32 vs 64 bit distro?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Feb 6 09:39:16 UTC 2013

A bit more RAM use, yes. I suspect far less than the amount of RAM
consumed by GUI desktops, or audio samples/soundfonts loaded in memory
... but even my 8 year old Celeron M based laptop has 2GB of RAM. My
wife's cheap netbook has 2GB of RAM.

My effects box laptop, which is even older than my laptop, has only
768MB of RAM. Its processor speed is almost twice that of my laptop. It
runs 32-bit Linux audio distros (with lightweight GUIs), and struggles
because of the limited memory. So 32-bit doesn't help much, in my opinion.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community