[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Louis Gorenfeld louis.gorenfeld at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 06:54:13 UTC 2013

If I understand it correctly, you can compile free VSTs for Linux, you
just can't give away their SDK source code without going through the
form on Steinberg's website (just like with the Mac and Windows
versions). VSTSDK, the (fairly separate) component I had a problem
with, is legitimately open-sourced and Linux-centric improvements can
be made. I'm not seeing a problem here, unless there's something I'm
overlooking (always very possible with me :))

-Louis