[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:24:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM, david wrote:

>>> Which appears to be forbidden by the VST license?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design
>
> So clean room design begins with reverse-engineering the original. Sounds
> like it violates the VST license terms, since they expressly forbid
> reverse-engineering ...

I do realize that I sound pig-headed, but a license is an agreement.
If you didn't sign one, how can you possibly violate the terms?

"3. The Licensee has no permission to sell, licence, give-away and/or
distribute the Licensed Software Developer Kit or parts of it in any
way, on any medium, including the Internet, to any other person,
including sub-licensors of the Licensee or companies where the
Licensee has any involvement. This includes re-working this
specification, or reverse-engineering any products based upon this
specification."

The Licensee, Dave, is someone who has been granted a licence.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org