[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Nils Gey ich at nilsgey.de
Thu Feb 7 13:49:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:32:24 +0800
Simon Wise <simonzwise at gmail.com> wrote:
 A musician does not just pick up a guitar for the first time
> one day and be happily producing music on it the next day, and a Linux system
> also has a learning curve.

Exactly. I heard this many times, back in Windows, in the German Game Soundtrack composer community (the "pros").
"I don't want to fiddel with my system, it should just work" etc. etc.

Needles to say, that does say a lot about the character of those persons. Their music sounds exactly the same: from low quality down to simple crap. "Learning how to use an instrument, even a virtual one? Learn how music works? Bah! I do it all from the gut.. bla bla bla".

Learn your tools and instruments. If you don't want a tool, use another one. If that means not using Linux Audio at all, so be it.

Nils