[LAU] The Psychology of Music

David L. Craig dlc.usa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:10:21 UTC 2013

On 13Feb08:0755-0600, Stephen Stubbs wrote:

> On 2/8/2013 1:43 AM, david wrote:
> >http://visual.ly/psychology-music?utm_source=visually_embed
> >
> So now we have quantitative proof that the Ancient Greeks' views on
> music were correct.
>
> Music is not an art but a science, with well defined laws that
> enable the musician to induce specific effects and emotions in the
> listener.

So explain how Western peoples feel sad in minor keys
while Middle Eastern peoples do not, just to mention
one non-universal emotional reaction.
--
<not cent from sell>
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________