[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Feb 10 12:06:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:17:34PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> and if you want to include the setup and configuration of a
> bare-bones machine, then please also include the soldering iron and
> oscilloscope :)

And a calibrated test tape and lots of time. I remember aligning
24-track machines. It's done after everyone's gone to the bar or
diner and you're left alone to get you studio ready for the next
day, hoping to get some sleep before it starts. It's no fun,
certainly not compared to recording or mixing some nice music.

> stuff that works without prior knowledge or some will to study is
> usually boring, and ineffective. it's cool for a week, and then you
> outgrow it.

Assuming you grow, or want to.

Ciao,

--