[LAU] OT: So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 10 15:24:49 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 06:45 -0800, Louis Gorenfeld wrote:
> Haha, good thing you didn't see the Vocaloid booth at NAMM! Oh man.
>
> But I do agree it's unprofessional for a Linux distribution to default
> to that wallpaper (and are there copyright issues?).

I'm not sure if this really is OT, since for me it isn't. Linux audio is
about freedom and a harmless default wallpaper about something from a
creative commons music community inflame passions of some Linux users.
Why? It's free from porn, showing a virtual "school girl" singer.

And other wallpapers are more professional, just because this default
wallpaper does show a "school girl"?

Why should there be copy right issues? The idea of creative commons is
to avoid copyright issues.

For me it's very strange that it's classified as porn.

It doesn't fit to my taste, there is some commercial background, but
it's about creative commons music and free from porn. Even the minimal
erotic is that harmless, that in Germany you're allowed to show this
picture in a kindergarten or elementary school. Most default wallpapers
I've seen are much more worse, completely without erotic, but instead of
that unskilled art, that I would protect children against those
unaesthetic wallpapers.

Regards,
Ralf