[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 10 16:08:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 10:25 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> [snip] I like to be helpful but I don't need a thousand accounts to manage.
>
> [snip] How does everyone handle this issue themselves?

When subscribed to the user and/or devel mailing list, I report the bug
to that list and most of the times I'm not willing to subscribe to a
bugtracker, it depends to the kind of project, for larger projects, such
as desktop environments a mailing list can't replace a bugtracker
completely.

I try to pick out software where a coder or coders act after writing a
bugreport to the mailing list. For Linux audio I suspect Rui is the
coder who does fix bugs the fastest after receiving a report, so my
sequencer of choice is Qtractor.
That reminds me of another issue. Among other contributions I had to
drop translation of Qtractor for perhaps around a year now, because I
suffer from hardware issues, that I couldn't fix myself until now.

Hardware/driver issues make use of my time more than I can use the
computer and more than I can contribute and I guess I'm not the only
one.

Regards,
Ralf