[LAU] kernel changes

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Feb 10 17:59:43 UTC 2013

On Sun, February 10, 2013 9:34 am, Louis Gorenfeld wrote:

> Also, grab rtirq and run that if you haven't. I'd assume if you're
> using a music-oriented distro that this is all already done.

Change the priority in the rtirq conig file before using it. It comes set
up to prioritize internal/pci sound devices over either USB or FW. Choose
a USB port and always use the same physical port (assuming you have picked
one on it's own irq) and put that USB port first... by going USB3
something something USB for example. This puts USB3 first and all the
other USB ports at the end. (USB3 happens to be the good one on my
machine, yours may be different)

This would be a great place for some automated setup BTW. A dialog that
pops up if you plug a USB sound card in to a port that uses a shared IRQ
suggesting to try another port even.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net