[LAU] kernel changes

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Feb 10 21:09:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, February 10, 2013 10:30 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Sometimes it's possible to unbind devices, but I never experienced a
> serious difference between a simple set up machine and a special tuned
> machine:

There are some things that used to work that do not any more either
because the kernel has changed or the HW.

> ### http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PCI_Latency
> ###
> http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#pci_bus_latency

Even though I have an older PC that only has PCI slots, I have found that
changing pci-bus latency has not helped. In fact it made my system a lot
less stable. I did not take the time to try smaller increments  of this
setting as my machine has good performance as it is. Changing PCI_bus
latency has no effect on PCIe IFs at all as they are forced to zero in
hardware.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net