[LAU] [Fwd: Re: Fuck your sexism]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 10 21:37:26 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 21:08 +0000, James Mckernon wrote:
> I think that's a fairly silly comparison. Your example is essentially
> neutral: a wallpaper without sexual imagery doesn't cater in
> particular to any group, at least not on gender/sexuality grounds. An
> image with sexual imagery manifestly does cater more to one group than
> others (albeit, in this case, probably only very slightly).

In this case the comparison does hit the nail right on the head.

Do we all see the same picture?

The picture here does show an averaged girlie, not in street wear, but
averaged disco Lolita outfit and pose. For some people male or female it
is erotic, but it's not blatant erotic, it's very soft and absolutely no
porn. I've seen colouring books for girls at a Catholic German
elementary school showing models that look similar. This was around a
year ago, when I worked at this school.