[LAU] LAC 2013, why not more students?

Nils Gey ich at nilsgey.de
Mon Feb 11 00:35:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 00:24:58 +0000
Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:

>Putting the cost factor aside, I don't see why not more students appear at the LAC.

For me it is just this.

I have registered, I even have something to say and there are 6 days left to submit a paper.

But I have no job, live on my parents money and the cheapest way, that I know of, to get from Cologne, Germany to Graz in time is to fly. By train is actually more expensive.
Anyway, I don't have the 170€ it would cost and then I have to sleep and eat somwhere and something, too.  I might submit  a paper anyway and see to make it somehow.

I was thinking about raising funds on one of these sites like kickstarter, only in small and for personal expenses. But somehow this feels wrong, and I wonder who would give money. I would not ask my friends, relatives or Linux Audio people, that leaves only strangers who stumble upon the link on this very site, so that is as unlikey as it gets :)

Nils