[LAU] recording again over a normal track on Ardour

Federico Bruni fedelogy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 21:36:38 UTC 2013

Hi all

I've just recorded two tracks on Ardour and I have recorded again two
parts of a (normal) track. I've not created a new track, I recorded it
over the first recording.
I don't know what's the best way to do this...

Anyway, it worked fine except for few seconds at the beginning, where I
can hear both recordings together. The area is highlighted in yellow and
has two lines crossing.
How can I remove the old recording and keep only the last one?
And why it happened?

Thanks in advance
--
Federico