[LAU] More jack woes

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Wed Feb 13 02:58:53 UTC 2013

Okay guys ... a few weeks ago I got jack running with audacity.
Couldn't have done it without your help.

But, this was with  a dirt cheap Behringer usb interface. Which I
thought might not be the greatest.

Today, my new and improved Presonus audiobox USB arrived. After
changing a few names in my startup script ... it all seemed to be
working. Until I tried to record using audacity. Remember, this worked
fine with the cheapie.

Now I get a series of xruns:

This is snipped from my terminal. Not sure where the audacity stuff
stops, but better too much?

Expression 'ret' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1670
Expression 'AlsaOpen( &alsaApi->baseHostApiRep, params, streamDir,
&self->pcm )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1830
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_Initialize( &self->capture, alsaApi,
inParams, StreamDirection_In, NULL != callback )' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2092
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Initialize( stream, alsaHostApi,
inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer,
callback, streamFlags, userData )' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2764
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4541
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4541
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4541
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4541
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 2
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 1
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 1
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 1
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 1
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 1
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = PortAudio was not run: state = 1

The recording works, but it compressed/expanded and is totally
useless. I'm having audacity play back a stereo track while recording
one.

So, did I but the wrong bit or hardware? I did check and it seems to
be a workable unit.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca