[LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:28:45 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 01:45 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> "Anyway, if his point is that property theory doesn't
> govern intellectual creation, then why does he seem to say that
> property theory
> should rule out any and all protection for one's intellectual work?"
>
> Because copyright ends up invading actual physical property.
>

> You ask - what is copyright? It is a legislative method to invade
> other people's
> property without their consent. Just by writing something, I instantly
> get a
> partial ownership of your body (you cannot perform my writing in public
> without my permission), partial ownership of your pen, paper, computer
> and printer (you cannot distribute my writing without my permission).
> And you did not agree to any of this.

I don't agree with this.  Primarily because if you write something, you
aren't FORCING ANYONE to listen to it.  Conversely though, if there were
no copyrights, then by the mere act of writing and releasing something,
you would be giving the rights to your life/time/labor to anyone who
cared to listen (or cared to copy).

How is that morally superior?

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]