[LAU] a question on Lenovo laptop

Djého Youn ydjeho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:43:48 UTC 2013

hmmm...interesting.

so that means there's a risk that this 'jack sensing' can be a trouble
maker.
if I use any version of Linux that has any kinda issue with onboard
soundcard so that I can't control 'jack sensing' stuff.
then when I plug in my headphone, the soundcard will act like there's
nothing plugged in?
do you think this kind of worst scenario is possible?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>wrote:

> On 02/13/2013 02:13 PM, Djého Youn wrote:
>
>> Do you guys have any idea what they mean by, 'software setting'??
>>

> Probably jack sensing: http://electronics.**stackexchange.com/questions/**
> 1647/how-does-an-audio-jack-**detect-when-a-speaker-is-**plugged-in<http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/1647/how-does-an-audio-jack-detect-when-a-speaker-is-plugged-in>
> Although that's a hardware thing. But with 'software setting' they
> probably mean that you can disable or enable the jack sensing with the help
> of the driver software for the soundcard.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeremy

Jae Ho YOUN

http://jaehoyoun.com